British vintage Rock ‘n’Roll, Beat, Rock, ritka felvételek 1957-1958 közötti időszakból.
Limited DeLuxe edition 10″LP+CD kiadvány, 2020.
Mellékletként nagy méretű könyvecskével!
Especially in Germany, King Size Taylor was known in the early sixties as a regular guest in Hamburg’s Star-Club. In the Hanseatic city he performed more than 250 gigs between 1962 and 1964 and recorded exclusively in Germany during this time. Due to the creation of legends around the young Beatles, King Size Taylor also ran under the popular label ‘Beat’. But on closer inspection Taylor was and always remained the real rocker from the British Isles.
After his first musical attempts in a skiffle band (1957), the guitarist and singer, who was born in Liverpool on November 12, 1939, soon founded a rock ‘n’ roll outfit, which performed under King Size Taylor And The Dominoes from 1960 onwards and
moved to Hamburg in 1962. Ariola released live recordings from the Star-Club. An album recorded a little later, ‘Let’s Do The Slop, Twist, Madison, Hully Gully …’ was released by the German Polydor label – under the pseudonym The Shakers. Single
releases were also released in the UK, including “Money”, “Whole Lotta Lovin'” and “Hippy Hippy Shake”. Like the other numbers on the original LPs, these songs were cover versions of the hottest rock and R&B stars of their time.
LP (10inch) plus CD, 12-page booklet, LP 12 tracks, CD 27 tracks, limited edition. King Size Taylor – one of the great British rockers and member of the legendary Hamburg Star-Club family! Taylor was always a rocker and less of a beat musician. LP/CD combo; only 4 tracks are also featured on King Size Taylor‘s CD in Bear Family’s ‘The Brits Are Rocking’ series ‘Taylor Made’ focuses on his best rockers recorded for Ariola and the rare Philips single “Somebody’s Always Trying”. Twenty-five of the twenty-seven songs on the CD were recorded in 1957/58 in the living room of Sam Hardie, the Dominoes’ pianist, Taylor’s band – legally available for the first time on this particular release. In the large-format booklet with liner notes by Marc Mittelacher, there are plenty of photos from Taylor’s private archive showing him and stars of rock ‘n’ roll in the ‘50s. Carefully mastered and with a photo postcard originally signed by King Size Taylor as a bonus! We guarantee pure listening pleasure!
01. Bad Boy
02. All Around The World
03. Slippin’ And Slidin’
04. Hello Josephine
05. Looking For My Baby
06. Saw My Baby With Another Guy
07. Somebody’s Always Trying
09. Heeby Jeebies
10. Short On Love
11. Lipstick, Powder And Paint
12. Good Golly Miss Molly
01. Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On (vocals by Arthur Baker)
02. Baby (vocals by Charlie Flynn)
03. Great Balls Of Fire (vocals by Arthur Baker)
04. Guitar Boogie
05. Roll Over Beethoven (vocals by Arthur Baker)
06. So Long (vocals by Arthur Baker) r
07. I Want You To Know (vocals by Arthur Baker)
08. Mean Woman Blues (vocals by Arthur Baker)
09. Autumn Leaves
10. Lend Me Your Comb (vocals by King Size Taylor)
11. Matchbox (vocals by King Size Taylor)
12. Good Golly Miss Molly (vocals by King Size Taylor)
13. Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On (vocals by King Size Taylor)
14. Guitar Boogie
15. Shortnin’ Bread Rock (vocals by Charlie Flynn)
16. Roll Over Beethoven (vocals by King Size Taylor)
17. Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey (vocals by King Size Taylor)
18. Your True Love (vocals by King Size Taylor)
19. Guitar Boogie
20. Saw My Baby With Another Guy (vocals by King Size Taylor)
21. Piano Instrumental
22. Guitar Instrumental
23. Ooh, My Soul (vocals by Sam Hardie)
24. Baby (vocals by Bobby Thompson)
25. Sad And Blue (vocals by King Size Taylor)
26. Somebody’s Always Trying
27. Looking For My Baby