Jazz Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Prog Rock, Canterbury, 1974-es album.
Remaszterizált Expanded edition CD újra kiadás, 2019.
Recorded for Virgin Records in 1974, “Hatfield and the North” was the eponymous debut album by the band comprising former CARAVAN member RICHARD SINCLAIR, keyboard player DAVE STEWART, guitarist PHIL MILLER and drummer PIP PYLE. Regarded as one of the finest albums in the “Canterbury” genre, the album also featured guest appearances by GEOFF LEIGH of HENRY COW and ROBERT WYATT who sang guest vocals on the track “Calyx”. This Esoteric Recordings reissue adds both sides of the band’s 1974 and ‘Your Majesty is Like a Cream Donut’ / ‘Oh What a Lonely Lifetime’ featured on the Virgin sampler album “V” and previously unreleased on CD as bonus tracks, together with a booklet featuring restored artwork and notes by Sid Smith.
1. THE STUBBS EFFECT
2. BIG JOBS (POO POO EXTRACT)
3. GOING UP TO PEOPLE AND TINKLING
5. SON OF ‘THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOMERTON
8. FOL DE ROL
9. SHAVING IS BORING
10. LICKS FOR THE LADIES
11. BOSSA NOCHANCE
12. BIG JOBS NO.2 (BY POO AND THE WEE WEES)
13. LOBSTER IN CLEAVAGE PROBE
14. GIGANTIC LAND CRABS IN EARTH TAKEOVER BID
15. THE OTHER STUBBS EFFECT
Bonus tracks :
16. LET’S EAT REAL SOON
17. FITTER STOKE HAS A BATH
18. YOUR MAJESTY IS LIKE A CREAM DONUT / OH WHAT A LONELY LIFETIME
YouTube video :